Thursday, January 16, 2014

2014.



With the dawn of a new year comes the inevitable period of reflection and resolutions. When I look back on my 2013 I didn't spend enough time doing the things that I enjoy, so this year I have decided to let my creative juices flow and start (and finish) blogging. I want to share my stories and I want to find opportunities to travel.

I started a 'Dear Mum' travel blog in 2011 to document my journey around South East Asia for my family and friends but I didn't finish, so I want to write about Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia and New Zealand but I also want to expand my blog to include advice, ideas and inspiration for fellow travelers.

I have enjoyed reading a variety of blogs over the past two years and think that they provide a creative outlet and community that I need in 2014. I realise that for some travel is not unusual or scary, but I also know that for others the idea of creating your own itinerary, flying across the world alone, staying in a different bed every night, bartering with locals and immersing yourself in alien cultures is daunting and it's those people I hope to inspire and encourage. It's a big world out there and I want to help people to discover it, I have a lot to share (even if it's just an amusing story) and I can't wait to get stuck in. This is post number one of my new and improved blog, watch out for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...