Tuesday, May 12, 2015

24 hours of fantasy travel

Most Saturdays I buy the Daily Mail, not to read the paper, that depresses me, but to read the Weekend magazine that comes with it so I can play arrow word and catch up on soap gossip (it's the weekend, don't judge me). In addition to soap gossip and TV reviews the magazine also has an interview with a celebrity 'The definite article' and one of the questions is 'How would you spend your fantasy 24 hours, with no travel restrictions?'. Reading the answers to this question always leaves me contemplating my own fantasy 24 hours, and so after much thought this is what I've decided on...

I'd start in the French Alps with a breakfast of freshly baked baguette, cured meat, local cheese, olives and pickled vegetables with my family, before a morning of skiing in the sun on fresh powder snow.








For lunch (and a rest) I would head to Queenstown, New Zealand for a 'Mr Big Stuff' from Ferg Burger: 1/2 lb of prime New Zealand beef topped with melted cheddar cheese, American streaky bacon & bbq sauce, lettuce, tomato, red onion and aioli. I would eat it next to the lake....





Later I'd go to Koh Tao, Thailand to meet up with friends for a Chang beer and a dive at Chumphon Pinnacle.






For dinner we'd eat the local cuisine; spring rolls, pork stuffed omelette and massaman curry... followed by a bucket (you have to!).








In the evening I would meet up with Summer Camp friends for a reunion in Seattle, USA followed by quite a few drinks at Pete's (a favorite bar) in Carnation, WA.











I would round off the evening in New York watching RENT on Broadway then drinks in Times Square before checking into a luxury NYC hotel (this is a fantasy after all).





How would your spend your fantasy 24 hours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...