Thursday, October 1, 2015

Working through the bucket list

Last August I wrote a bucket list of 'Things to do before I'm 30' - read my list here. I made sure to include some small, achievable goals (after all I only had 3 years), but I also included some more exciting adventures! My first tick off the list was number 13; a colour run with my Mum in Birmingham.

The run was fun, but more fun than run, if you know what I mean! It was a lovely day for a 5K, and we leisurely jogged our way round the course enjoying the atmosphere and making sure we got covered in a rainbow of paint. I chose this as a goal because I love running and thought the idea of a color run was really cool, but the best part of the day was actually spending quality time with my Mum.








Now onto a more exciting goal, number 2;  a road trip through America's deep South. Anyone who knows me will guess that this goal was the one I wanted to do the most. I really love America and fell truly, madly, deeply during my adolescence when I spent 7 summers working in Girl Scout camps. Those summers enabled me to travel all over the states (I'd made it to 18), but I hadn't properly ventured into The South. I would take any excuse to travel back to the States, in fact I'd kill to emigrate, but why did I want to visit The South? Well Y'all, it's the one part of America that I think has a culture, identity and way of life that is unique from the rest of the country. From the history, music and food to the southern hospitality I loved the whole idea of The South and was desperate to visit.

.....And, when I'm desperate to do something, I usually do it! So I'm currently enjoying this goal in Savannah GA! I have taken 4.5 weeks off work, hired a car and enlisted my best friend to share in the adventure with me. We started in Atlanta, traveled to Chattanooga, Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Jackson, New Orleans, Mobile, Montgomery and have made it to Savannah. There are still 2 weeks left of the trip, but I wanted to start sharing the adventure with you now, while it's still fresh. So hang in there as the next few posts will be all about our journey through the deep South.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...